You must personally request and authorize your SEVIS record be transferred to your new school in order to maintain your F-1 status.
- Admittance to another school
- Current maintenance of your lawful status, including
- NOTE: In order to attend your new school if you are ineligible for transfer of schools because you are out of status, you must
- Apply to USCIS for reinstatement OR
- Leave the country and renter with an initial Form I-20 from your new school.
- After being accepted as a student at the school where you plan to transfer, your new school will either send or have you bring to BYU International Services a form to verify your transfer eligibility from BYU.
- International Services then completes and returns the transfer eligibility form to your new school.
- Complete and submit a Transfer Out Form to BYU International Services.
- International Services will transfer your SEVIS record effective the date you designate on your Transfer Out Form.
NOTE:Your employment benefits at BYU terminate on the effective transfer date.
- Enroll in a full course of study during your initial semester or term specified on your new Form I-20.
NOTE: You are not subject to the $200 SEVIS fee.
- Check in with your new school upon your arrival to that campus