If you are a new international student beginning spring or summer term 2018, you are required to attend the International New Student meeting, part of the general campus New Student Orientation for all new students where you will receive vital information for maintaining your legal status, passports, academic requirements, TB testing, available resources and employment opportunities. Fall semester orientation information follows:
- When: Friday, June 22, 2018
- Where: 3211 WSC
- Time: 12:10 P.M. to 1:30 P.M.
- Box Lunches will be served
International Services Check-in
- You must check into International Student and Scholar Services upon your arrival to campus in order to have your SEVIS record activated. You may check in before the beginning of classes, but you must check in within 20 days of your Form I-20 start date.
- Bring your passport, visa, Form I-94 Departure Record and either your Form I-20 or Form DS-2019 to International Student Services.
- You will complete a Student Information sheet and we will copy your documents for our records.
- Consult With Your College Advisement Center Advisor to Review Your Schedule of Classes--This is a critically important thing to do so that you can begin your first class schedule here with the best schedule possible.
- TB Test--All students arriving from foreign countries (except Canada who have been in the U.S. for less than six months are required by law to receive a tuberculosis (TB) skin test upon arrival at BYU. You can receive the test at the Student Health Center. Contact the Student Health Center at 801-422-2661 for more information.
- Obtaining a Student Identification Card (I.D.)--You must first get your Tuberculosis (TB) test; TB tests aregiven at the Student Health Center. After you have the results of your TB test, go to the I.D. Center in 2310 WSC (801-422-5092).
- Books and School Supplies--The BYU Bookstore has all of your text books and materials for your classes; you should be prepared for the first day of class with the appropriate materials.
- Getting Around BYU Campus--Become acquainted with campus. viritual tour and map