Winter 2021 Updates
We have been anxiously waiting to hear from the Student and Exchange Visitor Program regarding F-1 students and the Winter 2021 semester. While we are still waiting to see an official memo, it was reported in the news (and we have confirmed) that the guidance given on March 9th will still remain in effect for Winter semester.
- The International Student and Scholar Services office is now open at our normally scheduled hours. We understand how difficult these times are for you and we are committed to continuing to provide holistic advisement to you.
- Advisors are available to answer any questions or concerns via phone, zoom, email, or in-person appointments. If you need to make an appointment with your advisor directly, please contact them or the ISSS office at (801) 422-2695 or via email at email@example.com.
- Many of the questions can be answered in the links below. Further, please continue to regularly consult BYU’s Coronavirus information page for the most up to date information on the university’s response to the situation:
Warning to Students: SEVIS Scam
The Student and Exchange Visitor Program (SEVP) has been made aware of a spoofing scam involving individuals using the SEVP Response Center (SRC) phone numbers (703-603-3400 and 800-892-4829) and claiming to be SRC representatives. The fraudulent callers are inquiring about Form I-94 documents and asking students to provide information regarding monetary transactions.
We are urging you to follow up with your international students to ensure they don’t fall victim to this dangerous scam. If you or one of your students encounter, or are a victim of this spoof call, you are encouraged to report the incident to the HSI tip line. If you are unsure about the validity of a call from an SEVP official, you can also reach out to your designated SEVP field representative.
THINGS TO REMEMBER:
- SEVP officials will NEVER ask stakeholders to provide credit/debit card/gift card numbers, wire transfers, or bank routing numbers, or to make bitcoin deposits for any purpose.
- NEVER divulge personal or financial information to unknown callers.
- Report all suspicious calls to the HSI tip line and if you are unsure about the validity of a call from SEVP officials reach out to your designated SEVP field representative.
If you have any additional questions regarding this matter, please contact the SEVP Response Center at 703-603-3400 or 800 892 4829, Monday through Friday, from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. ET, except federal holidays.